Latest Posts

V

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cozad Rock, Roll & Run 10K Recap

Cozad Rock, Roll & Run 10K Recap - July 2014

IMG_6236.JPG
Don't let the name of this race fool you, it was not an adventure race of any kind. It was just a straight road race. After work on Friday I traveled down to Gallagher State Recreation Area about 20 minutes outside of Cozad. I got there around 7 and pitched a tent and had some dinner.

I woke up and got the tent down early and headed out to the race. There was some road construction so I didn't have much time to kill once i got there.

I set my goal the night before at under 45:00 minutes. I was going to try and pace around 7:15 and calculate how much i had in the bank throughout the run.  

Mile 1
Never guess what i did; it may sound familiar. Started out to fast again. I hit the 1 mile point at 6:08.

Mile 2
I ran mile 2 a bit faster than plan. I had my watch on the wrong settings so I wasn't getting my mile splits. I had it set on fartleks from my last training run so every 2 minutes it told me to run fast or rest - not the best during a race. Mile 2 time was 7:04.

Mile 3-6.2
I ran the remaining 4 miles all between 7:17 - 7:25. They were not to tough of miles for me. I had settled in that pace & had a guy beside me that was helping hold me there.

I finished with a new PR and first for my age group. My time was 43:27. This was the 7th year of this race and they had a good turn out. I am excited to run it each year that we are around. Maybe the most exciting thing of the day, I met a running group pretty that live close to me and do 7AM long runs on Saturday mornings!


No comments:

Post a Comment