Latest Posts

V

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Weekly Summary - 7/7 - 7/13



Weekly Summary July 6th - 13thbostonstrong-ribbon.jpg

This is the week I was hoping to get back to following along my training plan. I have been away from it because I wanted to have legs for the Grand Canyon trip. I also needed a few days rest after the half marathon on Friday July 4th.




I started out Monday with no run because my legs were still tight from the race.


On Tuesday I got in a good 5.53 miles after work on the trails in Grand Island. My friend rode bike along side me which made for nice company to have on the run. I had one of those days where i felt like i could have ran forever. I ended up running 5.53 Miles @ 8:00 minute pace. Cross-trained some today too. I got my strength training done in the evening & played basketball on lunch break.


10540448_1450880768504276_531195990_n.jpgWednesday however was the opposite. I wanted to get 10 in on my lunch break so i went up to the North Y, changed and headed out from there. I wanted to work on negative splits so i started out at my slower pace for mile 1. It just got worse from there. Each mile it was hard to run, legs were really tight, stomach started hurting. I’m not sure why this was such a bad run. I’m just chalking it up to just one of those days not meant for running. I looped back to the Y & finished with 5.0 Miles @ 8:49 Pace. Wednesday evening I  got my strength training in & did some foam rolling before bed.


10475026_786033398095349_656158748_n.jpgI could not run on my lunch break on Thursday because I had other errands that really needed to get taken care of. After work Brady had opening night of the play he is in, (which he did awesome) so it was a late night for all of us. By the time we got home it was after 10. I did get my run in late but it was a quick 2.5 miles of getting bit by mosquitoes because I forgot to put spray on bugspray.
Friday I fit a run in on my lunch break because i did not want to run the evening before my upcoming 10K. I did 4 miles for fartleks with 1 mile warm up. after the mile warm up I did 2 minutes at approx 7:30 pace & then 2 minutes at a 8:30ish pace. I kept this up until 3.5 then i did the last 2 cool down segments at around 8:15. It was a very humid July Nebraska day. It definitely felt like a good workout.


Saturday was the Cozad 10K & Sunday the Lincoln Mile.


Weekly Totals
Total Miles 26.5

Average Pace 8:14

Not anywhere close to where i needed to be for the week but I’m going to kick it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment