Latest Posts

V

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekly Summary July 14 - 20

bostonstrong-ribbon.jpg
Weekly Summary July 14 - 20 

I started the week committed to hitting my training plan miles this week. Even if i cannot fit them in the same days as my plan. My training puts me at 41 miles this week.


Monday - Rest Day
I had to take a rest day on Monday because i was out of town on business and never got a chance to run at all.


Tuesday Trifecta of Running.

I woke up Tuesday to 50 degree weather; which in Nebraska in July is nuts! I had to take advantage of it and get a run i in the morning. My training plan called for 5 on Monday (which i missed) & 3.25 on Tuesday.
1. Morning Run - 5.0 miles - 8:23 Pace
2. Lunch Run - 4.42 miles - 7:26 Pace (check out these splits)
3. Afternoon run - 5 miles at 5. a Co-worker & I started doing 5 miles at 5:00 on Tuesday after work. He bikes & I run. I don’t get to run with others much so I am really enjoying this. We did a bit extra this week. 6.7 miles - 8:24 Pace


Wednesday - Rest Day
Wednesday i went to the Y to change to run & the group of guys i play basketball with sometimes talked me into playing. I figured I would fit a run that evening since I had 7 to do. That did not happen but Thursday was a rest day so i could get it then.


Thursday - 7.22 miels - 8:24 pace

Thursday I woke up before work & got the 7 miles in I missed Wednesday. I focused on negative splits again and made all 7 of them faster/ or right at the last one.




Friday - 6.0 miles - 8:11 Pace



Friday was a good run before getting everything packed up for our camping trip.  I had a ton to get done but i felt like i needed to get a run in before I could start on all of it.  


I also went to famous to look for some new shoes because each of my pairs is over the 500 miles mark. They were doing a BOGO half off so I am going to try out some Nike's along with my Asics.


Saturday - 20.0 miles - 8:57 pace


Saturday I was determined to get my 20 mile long run done. I woke up in he camper around 5;30 and grabbed my watch & my shoes and headed out on my run. I realized around mile 2, I didn't eat or drink anything before i headed out. It was going to be 18 more miles of no water, no gel, no goo. just running. Sometimes with running everything just works out and runs that you would think aren't going to go good end up being just fine. My pace wasn't where i wanted it but this long run felt great. 20 miles with no breaks & I spent the rest of the day hiking around the campsite.  


Total Weekly Miles - 49.3
Training Plan Miles - 41.25
Weekly Pace - 8:31


Next Week:
Monday  - 4
Tuesday  - 10
Wednesday -  8
Thursday -  5
Friday  - 5
Saturday - 13.1
Sunday - Rest Day
Total 45 miles


5 Weeks till the Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment