Latest Posts

V

Monday, May 19, 2014

Sub 1:30 Half Marathon Training Run (Sunday 3/18)

Well my week summary puts my pace on track buy my mile 3 short. I finished the week with a 9 mile run in Hastings in 20-25mph wind. I had no legs & not a good time on this run. Looking back on the week I have noticed the following things:

*Having a hard time falling asleep & staying asleep
*Morning headaches
*Moody/stressed
*Appetite was weird
*Didn't' drink enough water.
*Slight ankle injury had me resting 1 day


As I started googling these things I started to learn these are all common side effects of Over Training. I put my plan together for a sub 90 minute half shortly after my Full finished & I think I am starting to feel the pain from that. I am going to work on revising my training plan so I don't feel so over trained & get back to enjoying my runs, not stressing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment